Greenstock 13th International Conference on Energy Storage has been held in Beijing on May 19-21, 2015 at the China National Convention Center.
Chinese Academy of Building Research (CABR) and Tsinghua University hosted the conference with support from IEA ECES. The scientific chairs of the conference were Xu Wei (CABR), Yinping Zang (Tsinghua University) and Halime Paksoy (ECES) and scientific secretary was Zhang Shicong (CABR). 260 participants from 27 countries participated with 173 papers.
In the opening session welcome addresses were given by
- Chunheng Wang, Director, Ministry of Science and Technology
- Qingqin Wang, Vice President, China Academy of Building Research
- Halime Paksoy, Chair, IEA Energy Conservation Through Energy Storage Program
The keynote addresses in the plenary, following the opening session were:
- The storage story, Halime Paksoy, Chair, IEA Energy Conservation Through Energy Storage Program
- Apply energy storage in buildings: new understanding and approach, Yinping Zhang, Tsinghua University
- High priority R&D themes in buildings sector for IEAs 2C Scenario towards 2050, Takao Sawachi, Vice Chair, IEA- Energy in Buildings and Communities Research Program
- R&D progress in electrical energy storage in China, Haisheng Chen, Director, China Academy of Science.
- Heat pumps and storage a great potential in the future energy including large amounts of intermittent power, Roger Nordman, Manager, IEA Heat Pump Center.
. The conference will be hosted by Cukurova University. Presentation delivered by Vice-rector of Cukurova University, Prof.Dr. Seyhan Tukel at the closing session of Greenstock, when she received the next conference duty, is available here
If you are interested to receive information about the next Stock Conference, please fill this form and send it to email@example.com.
Just four years after the birth of the IEA in 1974, the Implementing Agreement ECES was established in 1978. The aims are the:
- cooperative research,
- development, demonstrations and exchanges of information in the area of energy storage
The full name of the Implementing Agreement ECES is:
“Implementing Agreement for a Programme of Research and Development on Energy Conservation through Energy Storage.”